Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this Music Festival for?
Students who are in 9th-12th grades.
Is there a charge for participating?
Where will I stay?
The students and their chaperone(s) will stay in the gym. Women in SWAU's gym and men at CTA's gym.
What do I need to bring?
Bring bedding, towel, pillow and a sleeping pad or air mattress.
What do I wear?
For the performances girls need to wear a black dress and guys wear black pants and jacket with a white dress shirt. If no black jacket, then wear a black dress shirt. During rehearsal, regular school attire.
I applied, but haven't heard whether I have been accepted or not.
You must submit an audition online (not a CD or video) in order to be consider for music festival. The director of the ensemble you applied for will let you know whether you're accepted.
Individual participant's information:
- Housing for individuals' family: Because this is a large event, Southwestern will not be able to provide housing for individual's family members. Local hotels within 7-10 miles: Alvarado – Comfort Inn and Suites, Burleson – LaQuinta, and Cleburne – Liberty Hotel have reasonable rates with the university.
- Meals for individuals' family: No meals are provided.
- Meyerson Tickets for chaperone(s): Tickets may be purchased online through our website or at the door.
- Transportation: Our Campus Services office will arrange transportation for individuals to and from the airport, bus station, or train station for $35 each way. You may contact them at 817-202-6240 to set up your transportation. You may also e-mail them at email@example.com to make arrangements. Please confirm that they will be picking you up.
- Transportation to Meyerson for individuals: Your chaperone is responsible for getting you to the Meyerson performance on Sunday evening and bringing you back.